The objective of Indian Institute of Sustainability are as follows
- Become a centre of excellence for knowledge sharing, innovative research, technological solutions and partnering for
- Study impact of human activities on natural resources like air, water, forest, soil etc and identify potential opportunities
for development without natural degradation.
- Align institutional activities with sustainable development goals.
- Research, training, and policy advocacy for sustainable development in various economic dimensions.
- Work with international institutions for joint research, collaboration, fundraising, and technology transfer for project
related to the sustainable development goals.
- Initiate academic courses to develop trained human resource to contribute for sustainable development in the field
of agriculture, rural development, environment, smart cities and other financial activities.